Home   Forum   Register   Login   Search

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » General Topics & Latest PUA News » Over 30

Post Posted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:36 pm 
CC Hollywood Member

In case some of you don't know the character, it's the protagonist on Showtime's "Californication", played by David Duchovny.

I've learned alot from people in the community, but most guys are 10 years my junior. I can take ina certain amount, but I am a different generation and some things just don't click. I fill in these gaps by watching and learning from Duchovny's character in this show. Yes, it's fiction, but I find the "frame", if you will, set by the show is the one I want to be coming from when dealing with hotties (ie, I love girls, I'm not afraid to show it, but they don't rattle me whatsoever, and most important, I don't give a fuck what people think of me and I will say and do what I want).

Helo

levanta, levanta, tienes que bailar

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:48 pm 
CCOC Team Lead

I wrote a post last month titled "Hank Moody is a Seducer". Check it out.....
viewtopic.php?f=44&t=14733

You Can't Change The Past, But You Can Do Something About The Future

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 pm 

Midnight Rambler wrote:
In case some of you don't know the character, it's the protagonist on Showtime's "Californication", played by David Duchovny.

I've learned alot from people in the community, but most guys are 10 years my junior. I can take ina certain amount, but I am a different generation and some things just don't click. I fill in these gaps by watching and learning from Duchovny's character in this show. Yes, it's fiction, but I find the "frame", if you will, set by the show is the one I want to be coming from when dealing with hotties (ie, I love girls, I'm not afraid to show it, but they don't rattle me whatsoever, and most important, I don't give a fuck what people think of me and I will say and do what I want).

Helo

great show, definetly teaches guys about game. thing i like most is that Hank genuinely loves women.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:52 am 

Just finished season 3 like two days ago. Hank Moody's got game. He reminds me of of of my natural friends who has girls just throwing them selves at him. Great show! I have to wonder is the writer of those scripts studies pick up or what. Hank just seems to do everything right.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:33 pm 

It's so funny that when I watch these shows like Californication and How I Met Your Mother that I see where so much is borrowed from the seduction community!

I know what you mean, I was a late bloomer too!

Hank Moody is the definition of cocky/funny. On screen he's the King of Banter.

I think the thing that a lot of guys don't do and what they SHOULD be doing when they first start out is come up with a sense of identity.

I'm working on a new article on that same subject for my blog but I think the mistake a lot of guys come up with is thinking they have to be something they're not to get the girl. I know a guy in the community that gets laid all the time and he's the biggest comic book/D&D nerd you'll ever meet. He doesn't hide from that, he actually tells girls he's into it...the difference is that he owns it and is unapologetic about it and has massive confidence when he says it.

That's the key, the same with Hank Moody and Barney Stinson, they just exzude so much confidence in who they are and what they're about that they just don't give a shit about what anyone else thinks.

So quick exercise for you...if I were at your funeral and someone was reading your eulogy, what would be said about you? How would you be remembered?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:08 pm 

It's a bad idea to model your behavior off of a movie character. It's not real, and most of what is said and done is just plain wrong.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:34 am 

Speed wrote:
It's a bad idea to model your behavior off of a movie character. It's not real, and most of what is said and done is just plain wrong.

I agree in part, the problem is the general idea is great, but it's scripted. Try to imitate that in real life and your going to fall on your arse. I love House. I think he's a great Alpha male over 30 character, but the underpinning of both these characters are high intelligence, talent and success that make them partly immune and force to the world to Subordinate to them. They are a fantasy.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:52 am 

MakeshiftAlpha wrote:
Speed wrote:

I agree in part, the problem is the general idea is great, but it's scripted. Try to imitate that in real life and your going to fall on your arse. I love House. I think he's a great Alpha male over 30 character, but the underpinning of both these characters are high intelligence, talent and success that make them partly immune and force to the world to Subordinate to them. They are a fantasy.

I'm fully agree. That's a script and reactions, situations, behaviours, etc. are idealized. In our occidental culture he's a looser, and he's sucessful with girls because he's handsome (face, body).

You are not him, you are you. I'm working on me to be myself with girls, because next day that girl could suspect that was not the real me. You can cheat a girl about who you are for a couple weeks, maybe months, but not all your f*cking life.

A hug!

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » General Topics & Latest PUA News » Over 30