Home   Forum   Register   Login   Search

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Pick Up Lines, Tips & Techniques » Inner Game

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:35 am 

Swiph wrote:

Thoroughly enjoyed this Hemingway story old chap!
How did you find this and what made you post the story?

EVERYONE SHOULD READ IT.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:53 am 
CCOC Member

Your mind is a program that acts as a fucked up parent, Swiph. It'll make you feel guilty when you make a mistake, sometimes through no fault of your own. It'll belittle you when there is no reason to. It'll make you feel less than a man when things don't always go your way.

You take your thoughts too seriously.

Learn to clear your mind, Swiph; Don't reach for any conclusions or any excuses. Because you just don't know. You can't know! Life is designed that way. You just make it up as you go. We all do.

Meditate, smoke a blunt, read a book, walk around the park, exercise, write affirmations and repeat them over the course of the day... whatever you need to do to block those messages of insecurities because it does nothing but lower your self esteem.

And there's nothing, from my perspective, that shows to me that your anything other than normal.

As for your feelings, they acts as a weather. You can never control it. Somedays it's really nice other times really shitty. As a man, one needs to be able to harness your feelings. Know when to act on them and know when to let them pass by, because let me assure you, your feelings... always pass.

You are doing good kid. Keep it up.

:hi:

"Success follows doing what you want to do. There is no other way to be successful." -Malcolm Forbes

"The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials." -Confucius

Post Posted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:40 pm 
CC Supporter

Latin wrote:
Your mind is a program that acts as a fucked up parent, Swiph. It'll make you feel guilty when you make a mistake, sometimes through no fault of your own. It'll belittle you when there is no reason to. It'll make you feel less than a man when things don't always go your way.

You take your thoughts too seriously.

Learn to clear your mind, Swiph; Don't reach for any conclusions or any excuses. Because you just don't know. You can't know! Life is designed that way. You just make it up as you go. We all do.

Meditate, smoke a blunt, read a book, walk around the park, exercise, write affirmations and repeat them over the course of the day... whatever you need to do to block those messages of insecurities because it does nothing but lower your self esteem.

And there's nothing, from my perspective, that shows to me that your anything other than normal.

As for your feelings, they acts as a weather. You can never control it. Somedays it's really nice other times really shitty. As a man, one needs to be able to harness your feelings. Know when to act on them and know when to let them pass by, because let me assure you, your feelings... always pass.

You are doing good kid. Keep it up.

:hi:

It's a privilege to get advice from you Latin. Your right about reaching to conclusions too soon and taking thoughts too seriously. I'm doing everything to handle this little problem because it affects all aspects of life not just pick up.

Thanks a lot.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 pm 
CC Supporter/CC Hollywood

Therapy.

No that's not a dig either. A good therapist can help you get over the bullshit programming that most of us had since growing up. Also, eliminating people from your life whenever possible who reinforce those "bad feelings".

Surround yourself with those who are supportive, and eliminate those who are not, and watch how quickly you will start feeling better about yourself.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:55 pm 
CC Supporter

Crash wrote:
Therapy.

No that's not a dig either. A good therapist can help you get over the bullshit programming that most of us had since growing up. Also, eliminating people from your life whenever possible who reinforce those "bad feelings".

Surround yourself with those who are supportive, and eliminate those who are not, and watch how quickly you will start feeling better about yourself.

True it's always good to be around positive people, I just dont know if those positive people wanna stick around a depressed misfit like me. What you mean by "dig" ?

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:31 pm 
CC Supporter/CC Hollywood

"Dig", as in "Cheap shot" or a comment that's intention is to make one feel shitty.

As for this:

Quote:
True it's always good to be around positive people, I just dont know if those positive people wanna stick around a depressed misfit like me

Sometimes you gotta fake it till ya make it!

If you're really depressed, get into therapy.
Start working out. rt's a known fact that exercise releases endorphins, which make one feel better. plus, when you get yourself in shape, you generally feel better.
Eat healthier. If you eat a lot of shit, (fast food, processed foods, etc) those can adversely affect mood as well. (Watch Supersize Me, the documentary if you don't believe me.)
Find something you love, and DO IT.

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Pick Up Lines, Tips & Techniques » Inner Game