Home   Forum   Register   Login   Search

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Pick Up Lines, Tips & Techniques » Relationships

Post subject: The Gores
 Post Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:41 pm 
Host of the Decibel Show "n00b"/CCLA Member/CC Best Homegrown Coach 2010

After 40 years of marriage, Al and his wife are filing for divorce.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/sex/al-a ... d-1610250/

The article speculates that maybe the Gores "grew apart." Really, ya think? I'm not the same person I was 5 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. So imagine how much one person will travel over the course of 40 years, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually. He may be 180 degrees away from where he began. And now imagine his spouse trying to keep pace and match up with all those changes.

It's impossible. Of course, two people are gonna grow apart with time. By 10 years, you'll probably find yourself married to a very different person, and there's no guarantee you'll be compatible with that new person.

Of interest, the article points out that most of the time it's the woman doing the filing. Apparently, she's the one who becomes most discontent in the marriage (and I'd imagine, usually the one whose idea it was to get married?) Since her needs aren't being met, you have to wonder if maybe her idea of what marriage entailed was a bit unrealistic when she got the idea...like maybe she read one too many bridal magazines, saw all her friends tying the knot, and couldn't resist.

It's ultimately the man's job to say no when a woman gets wedding fever. The article lists some risk factors for divorce, and I recently posted about the 4 horsemen. You should keep these in mind before you propose.

What are your thoughts? Would you get married if you met the "right" woman?

The Chodefest Journals. dB's reports in one spell-binding ebook.

MAN SCHOOL. Let's get this handled.

Coming soon, my directorial debut, Blood Rush.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Post subject: Re: The Gores
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:33 pm 

That could be why there is such a high divorce rate. Also a lot of the time people will jump into it a wedding realizing the commitment required. It is definitely crazy to think how everything in your life could be different in 40 years and to be married to someone who has changed.

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Pick Up Lines, Tips & Techniques » Relationships