Home   Forum   Register   Login   Search

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Start Here: Introduce Yourself

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:26 pm 

“Of nike air max tn online kopen course, this doesn’t mean I don’t think stride rate is important. I definitely agree with those who suggest that overstriding is probably the most widespread and easily addressed problem among recreational runners. But rather than aspiring to a magical 180 threshold, I agree with Wisconsin researcher Bryan Heiderscheit, whose studies suggest that increasing your cadence by 5-10% (if you suspect you may be overstriding) is the way to go.”

Next thought is that the energy cost of running faster is higher so you’ll need to pull in be oxygen and pump out more carbon dioxide, this all means you’ll need to breath are greater volume of air, so either breath more deeply or breath more quickly, or more likely both just like cadence and stride length ??

I ha Image d thought about this – I’m devising a way to attach my sensor to my bare foot. Tape may be the best option, which would be painful for my hairy hobbit feet. I can run 5K pace barefoot without too much trouble, but not sure about sub 5:00.

What this shows is that although my cadence increases as I speed up, the number of steps that I actually take per 100m declines dramatically. The reason for this is that at my fastest pace I covered the 100m in less than half the time (18.2 sec) it took me to cover the same distance at my slowest pace (38.5 sec). It took me 113 steps to cover 100m at a 10:18 min/mile pace, but only 66 at a 4:52 min/mile pace. In other words, I took a bit over half as many steps to run 100m at double the speed.

I was messing around. Bit with my cadence on my run today – tried to hold speed constant and run with a faster or slower than normal cadence, and it just fel nike air max tn nederland t wrong. At my typical pace, my cadence seems to almost be invariant from the 180-184 range.

Pete, is there any evidence that would show leg length has anything to do with all of this? It would seem to me that those like myself with shorter legs will have a shorter stride AND a faster turn over rate. I know for myself, 180 seems slow and sluggish. My typical pace is closer to 190, and 5k pace is about 195. Just wondering if le nike flyknit air max nederland g length has anything to do with the overall equation here.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Start Here: Introduce Yourself