IMG_3699
PUA Lair Los Angeles | HOW TO BE A PICK UP ARTIST|Casanova Crew | PUA FORUM | Pick Up Artist Podcast | Southern California Pick Up Artist | Los Angeles Pick Up Artists |Southern California Wing Man • View topic - Can a pick-up artist have a "nerdy" profession?
Home   Forum   Mini-Chat  Register   Login   Search

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » General Topics & Latest PUA News

IMG_3699

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:28 pm 

I know this sounds kind of silly, but is it possible that those guys, who thrive in logical and mathematical professions, are doomed to fail in pick-up? Is it possible to find a balance?

There are stories of nerdy engineers transforming into awesome pick-up artists, but do they have to give up their jobs to do it? lol.

Any ideas?

Last edited by harmonic on Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on Google+

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:39 pm 
Casanova Crew Founder

I'd say most of us here have what would be considered to some "nerdy professions" and we're doing just fine. Alot of it has to do with how you frame your profession...you can choose to see it as a negative/positve. I work in IT myself, and have been for the last couple years. Though we're all striving to keep improving ourselves, I wouldnt say that being in the computer field (which is probably the geekiest of all professions) has slighted me at all as it relates to pick up.

There may be a argumant that can be made that it may take guys with a more "logical/nerdy"mind longer to learn this stuff, and though there may be some merit to that, I wouldnt go as far as to say they are "DOOMED".

Your first paragraph kinda contradicts what you say in the beginning of the second, but I know what youre trying to get at. No harm in asking silly questions, we're all here to help each other out. But as you'll realize if you stay in this for any lenght of time is that no matter what someones backround or profession, ANYONE can excel at this stuff if they put in the proper effort....

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:45 pm 
CCLB Member

The Asian Rake (David) is an awesome pick up artist and he's a professor. I think if you are worried about your profession not being cool enough, then don't talk so much about it. Talk about your hobbies or other interests or passions that do make you cool: music, art, whatever.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:22 pm 
CCIE Member

asian playboy(apb) is or use to be(I'm not sure) a rocket scientist.

So that's pretty nerdy, in a good way of course. But look at him, hese mpua

Casanova Crew

I hope everyone had a good St. Patty’s day and convinced a girl to have sex. -Anatole

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:01 pm 
CCLB Team Lead/CC MVP Feb. 2009/CC Council Member

What up,

Can a pick-up artist have a "nerdy" profession?
-The answer is yes. Well I hope so. I do. I am currently a Financial Analyst I and have been fervently studying the arts of pick-up. Is my job boring? Yeah, but I do not think it has very much affect on my game. At times I do get the question, "So what do you do?" I tell them straight up without hesitation. I say it with a firm, sure, and confident tone. I don't think it matters what you do for a living as long as you say it with conviction. Though, be sure to quickly follow your statement of work with something funny/humorous to lighten up the serious mood/subject and help transition back to gaming. The ultimate goal, to get some.

Ex:

HB: "So what do you do?"

B Bad: "If you just have to know. I'm a Financial Analyst" (pause and wait for a reply)

HB: "Blah Blah Blah"

B Bad: "I do have a part time job on the side"

HB: "What's that?"

B Bad: "In my spare time I'm a freelance masseuse and my services don't come cheap. So don't get any ideas. You asked."

(It is imperative you acknowledge the fact that she asked at the end of your statement of work to disable her "too cool responses".)

STAY ALPHA.

"I want to take my game to NEW Heights. I want to BREAK Barriers. I want to know NO Limits."
-B Bad

W.K.I.T.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:32 pm 

I used to have the biggest hang up on this issue. You should really watch grandma's yellow fever to really see that anything you are doesn't matter at all, you just gotta have a strong personality.

All in all, the fact that you have a "nerdy" profession will affect you only if you let it affect you. From my own perspective, being an biomed engineering major doesn't exactly help me to talk to the ladies. If anything being an engineer made me more socially retarded and insecure because I was around socially awkward kids 50% of my school life. For me thats the biggest reason why I had such bad luck with girls because on this side of the campus there aren't many good ones to choose from. And I'm pretty sure its the same with real life when I get out there.

So I decided to start going out more and got a job at starbucks so I can be more interactive and social. When it came to my major, if ANYTHING they always say "Wow, you must be really smart" or "wow that's really cool." So, for me its a DHV but it always occupies about a minute of conversation so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:00 pm 

Hehe yeah, I too hope having a "nerdy" job is ok. I'm studying to be an accountant, I could practice birth control just by talking about that job for Christ's sake.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:34 am 

I have what would be considered a non-nerdy career--law enforcement--the U.S. gov't variety (JTR, yes we have infiltrated). I DO NOT usually tell girls in a sarge what I do because there is no real need, I would tell them it's a secret, then have them guess--try to lead it to me being a stripper.

But on the first few occasions I actually told HBs what I did, they would immediately get insecure and think I am a player picking up on them and that I use my badge to get ass all the time. Now, I make it more playful and downplay it a bit, not to over DHV. My best pick ups have been the ones where I don't tell them what i did, just kept the conversations fun.

As everyone else says, it doesnt matter what you do, just keep them having fun. I find it better to have less direct answers anyway. Keeps the conversation away from interview style.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:48 am 

I was reading style's book, instead of telling them that you're just an engineer, try to elaborate and say something like, "I'm designing the mobile phone of the future".

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:05 pm 

nizzoe, was this in "The Game"?

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » General Topics & Latest PUA News