Home   Forum   Register   Login   Search

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Off Topic

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:12 am 
Casanova Crew Founder

I looked all over the internet, and no one had an actual workable solution to getting this thing to work as well as it did on Apple TV 3. For whatever reason, Apple choose to make it especially difficult to make the iTunes Screen Saver Album Cover Art. ATV4 only lets you choose from their pre set themes, or from your Photos album.

The only “solution” or workaround that I saw was ppl saying to take a screen shot of it on the Mac, then add that to Photos.

Forget that, I did it, it sucked, and I found the solution, which turned out to be even easier than some of the idea’s Id heard about SSH’ing into the ATV4 box after a jailbreak.

Here’s how you do it:

1. Go to Finder, and search “cache”. Select results to be show under “This Mac”, and scroll down to the folder row.

2. Depending on how many application you have, you will have several folders named “cache”. Pick the one that spells out “cache” in lower case letters.

3. You should see another folder in there entitled “albumart”.

4. Open that folder and there you will see all your album cover art.

5. Copy all the pictures you want, and create an album in Photos app (I called my folder iTunes AlbumArt Work for the sake of simplicity).

6. Go to iTunes, File, Home Sharing, and select Choose Photos To Share To Apple TV, and then select the new album we just created.

7. Go to Apple TV4, Settings, General, Screensaver, Type, Home Sharing, go back, and pick “Cascade”; thats the effect that is just like the one on the MBP.

:ugeek:

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on OrkutShare on DiggShare on RedditShare on DeliciousShare on TechnoratiShare on TumblrShare on Google+

Board index » The Infamous Casanova Crew Forum » Off Topic